Welfare Benefit Plans

Do you offer benefits to your employees such as health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, or others? 

These welfare benefit plans may be required to file an annual Form 5500 with the Department of Labor.  We can review your plans and determine your filing requirements.  We can also assist you in complying with your filing requirements by preparing your Form 5500 and submitting it through the Department of Labor’s EFAST2 filing system.

Do you have a plan document for your Section 125 Cafeteria Plan or Premium Only Plan?

A cafeteria plan must be established pursuant to a written plan document that describes the plan terms, election rules, and plan administration procedures.  A plan document is required in order to legally allow your employees to pay health insurance and ancillary benefit premiums on a pre-tax basis.  The IRS will examine the plan document in the event of an audit.  We can assist you with obtaining a plan document or review your current plan to make sure it is up to date.

Do you sponsor a self-insured health plan?

The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Trust Fund fee is a fee on plan sponsors of self-insured health plans that helps to fund the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI).  The fee is paid annually using Form 720 and is due each July 31.  We can assist you with determining if you are subject to the fee, and if so, we can assist with preparation and filing of your annual Form 720.